Are you trying to slim down? Have you sifted through piles of fad diets; tried all the ‘miracle’ supplements? Has your diet seemed to stall and you haven’t shed quite as much weight as you were hoping? Well, now we’re going to let you in on a little secret; 5 of them, in fact.
Losing weight isn’t easy and depending on how much weight you have to lose, it may be slow going. Alas, there is no magic bullet. First and foremost, you have to exercise to burn more calories than you take in each day. But that’s only half the battle. Here are 5 healthy ways to burn more calories and speed up your weight loss. These are simple yet effective ways to attack fat and shed pounds faster.
• To help flush fat and impurities from your body and keep you feeling full so you eat less, drink 8 to 10 glasses of water a day. A lot of people confuse thirst for hunger. At times when you feel like snacking, drink a glass of water first. Better yet, replace a few glasses with green tea which is more flavorful and chock full of antioxidants and other health benefits.
• Eat 5 to 6 smaller meals a day, instead of 2 or 3 large ones. Schedule your meals at regular times and sit down and eat a little even if you feel like you can wait. This will keep your metabolism going all throughout the day, burning extra calories. It will also stop you from getting the “hungry horrors” and overeating or eating the wrong foods.
• Eat lots of fresh fruits and vegetables while cutting down on your fat intake. Try to aim for less than 20 grams of fat per day. Eat as much as you want of fresh fruits and veggies as they are loaded with nutritious fiber, vitamins and minerals.
• Cut down on carbs and opt for whole grains instead. Try whole grain bread instead of white; brown rice instead of white rice. Your body has to work harder to digest whole grains, so you burn more calories and feel full longer.
• Cleans and detoxify your body often. When we ingest things like pesticides, lead, mercury and other harmful substances, our bodies coat these impurities in fat to keep them from invading our organs. Try green tea or Acai Berry, both of which are packed with health benefits that reach far beyond weight loss and will get your body performing normally again.
Following these simple tips, along with exercising on a regular basis will help you shed those unwanted pounds faster than ever before. You’ll feel better and be more focused with more energy. The extra energy will give you more motivation to exercise regularly. Even a half-hour walk a day will increase your metabolism and shed fat.